Thursday, April 09, 2009

1940's Squirt Sign Cleaned Up A Little

This Blog reached # 1 on Google this week. Thank you!

A few days ago, I reported on a painted, advertising sign that dates back to the 1940’s. It appeared after a demolition crew tore down the building next to it, uncovering this treasure that had been well preserved.

I contacted the people at Squirt who showed an interest in it. And I noticed that sellers on Ebay are offering smaller advertising items with this same character’s logo.

Someone did a little cleaning of the sign so it looks better now. I’d love to see it taken down, board-by-board, and relocated in a museum someplace because it’s a really cool piece of advertising history.

Max Elliot Anderson

3 comments:

moose said...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelcorcoran/3433190488/in/set-72157616551480039/?addedcomment=1#comment72157616644260038

i've been driving by it too, i love it.

Anonymous said...

I got out of the car in the rain today to take a picture. My kids asked, "Mom, is that a Wacky Package?"

max said...

It's a great sign. I'm glad you both were able to see it.