Thursday, May 13, 2010

Run Away And Join The Circus...WHAT?

We’re still a few months away from the release of my book, Barney and the Runaway. The publisher updates the status of this project, and the book is moving forward.


I wanted to give you a little flavor of the story, to whet your appetite for this new book. Remember, young readers report that reading one of my action-adventures or mysteries is like being in an exciting or scary movie.


The Story 


Be honest, even grown men today. Who hasn’t thought about running away to the circus? Am I the only one?

Well, Michael Ellis thought he’d teach his parents a lesson. You see, he felt like they were too hard on him and his little dog Barney. They also had a lot of rules, and made Michael help out around the house.


So he decided to pretend he’d run away, just for a few hours. They left a note and everything. He and Barney climbed up into a boxcar, on a railroad siding, but they fell asleep. Barney had never been much of a guard dog anyway.


When the main engines hooked up to the waiting railcars, including the one full of hay where Michael was sleeping, the force slammed the door shut. Before he could do a thing about it, Michael and his dog were on their way down the railroad tracks to a destination they did not know.


Mike and Barney do find themselves in a circus. And Barney becomes the star. But it is there that Mike learns one of the most important lessons of his life! This story is filled with danger, excitement, belly laughs, and even a few tears.


A 13 year-old reader:
Barney and the Runaway kept my interest and never got boring. I could barely wait to find out what happened in the end! This book also taught me a lesson about parents. My parents have always said they love me and that’s why they discipline me. That’s confused me, but Barney and the Runaway helped explain that. I’d recommend this book to anyone!” 


Barney and the Runaway is a book that children will want to read again and again. Watch for release information on this blog.


Follow Max Elliot Anderson on Facebook and Twitter
http://www.facebook.com/#!/max.e.anderson   

2 comments:

Donna McDine said...

Sounds like a terrific story. Best wishes for your continued success!

max said...

Thank you Donna. I apprecioate it.