Monday, October 26, 2009

Speaking About Books For Boys




This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to speak to over 100 people who had gathered at the Crystal Lake Evangelical Free Church in Crystal Lake, Illinois. They came there to learn how to better reach out to kids. Each person was connected, in one way or another, to an organization called Awana http://www.awana.org

I had been invited for two reasons. Our two adult children had been involved in Awana when they were little. But there was something else. An Awana leader at Winnetka Bible Church, in Winnetka, Illinois, had been reading my action-adventure & mystery books, out loud, in his club. Each week he’d read a couple of chapters. This helped to keep the attention of the kids, and it resulted in making sure they arrived on time, so they wouldn’t miss any of the story each week.
After he'd finished reading all of the books to his clubbers, he asked if I had anything more. So I sent him one of my unpublished manuscripts called Whispers In The Graveyard. The story takes place in Chicago.

It was a great day with the people from Awana, and several were interested in knowing more about my books.

No comments: