Monday, February 08, 2010

Daytona 500 Poodle


When I woke up this morning, the temperature was around 20 degrees. I looked at this picture of my dog PooPa, and thought of next weekend. That’s when my son Jim – a lawyer in Chicago – and I will jump on a plane and fly to Orlando.


Each year we go down to the Daytona 500 and we’re really looking forward to it this year. They’ve changed the rules so that I think we’ll see a more exciting race.

Jim’s happy because his favorite driver, Dale Earnhardt, Jr. (#88) has secured the # 2 spot at the front of the field. My favorite driver, Jeff Gordon (24) has to qualify in the shorter races on Thursday.
If you happen to tune in to the race on Sunday, Jim and I, along with my sister Margaret, will be sitting in the top row in turn 1.
May the best driver - Jeff Gordon in my case : )) – win!

3 comments:

Shari Lyle-Soffe said...

Max

My grandson is also a big Jeff Gordon fan. He'll be cheering for Jeff.

Shari
http://sharilyle-soffe.com

Anonymous said...

Interesting story you got here. I'd like to read more about that matter. Thank you for posting that info.

Angela Gifford said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm so glad to find yours and just added it to my live bookmark. I've been looking for a blog like yours. I love books and reading to my boys!

Let me know if you'd ever be interested in sponsoring a giveaway on the site to introduce readers to more of your writing. It could be really fun!