Sunday, July 26, 2015

Reviews for Lost Island Smugglers!

 
Following are a few examples of what people are saying about  Lost Island Smugglers, book #1 in The Sam Cooper Adventure Series.



5
A Great Adventure Story!


This is a great book for teenage and younger boys, or for anyone who enjoys an adventure!

You will love getting to know Sam, Tony, and Tyler, as you follow them taking scuba lessons, testing out their new skills without permission, and then suffering the consequences, along with making an unexpected discovery.

The author weaves an exciting story while giving good old-fashioned moral lessons on obedience to parents, not submitting to peer pressure, and the fact that we may have the freedom to make decisions, but we may not be able to control the consequences.

This is a 5-star book! Enjoy!

I received this book from The Book Club Network in return for my honest opinion.

5Action-packed!

What a great first in this series for teens! The author knows how to keep the suspense going to keep the reader intrigued. The story was a good mix of danger, suspense, dialogue and mystery. You feel for the new kid who has the dilemma of peer pressure to make friends or doing what is right. This story also teaches that each decision has consequences and you have to live with those. What a great teaching tool for teens who are in the middle of these peer pressure years. This well written story will gently remind them that God sees everything and will be with you always. I recommend this for any teen and even pre-teens as a great story with wonderful morals.
I received this book from bookfun.org for an honest review.

4A great read

The book reminds me of a more modern Hardy Boys story with more current problems and a tidy solution. It is something I would like to have my boys read.

4Good story for boys

It is quite interesting to read. I'd like to tell my 7-year boy the story. Main characters are typical and educational.

5Great book!

Actually, my 12-year-old son read this book and loved it. He is already asking me to buy the other books in the series.

5Anderson writes for the young person

I bought these books for a young reader who has just begun to enjoy having his own story to read. The chapter are exciting and short. The print and format are very clear making it easy to read. The young person feels a nice feeling of accomplishment when finishing the books by this author.

5My son who wouldn't read, read this book straight through!

My son has refused to read books, instead wanting me to read to him. He is now 12 and needs to be reading some books on his own. A friend who knew of my reading struggles with my son saw these books advertised for boys who don't like reading and told me about them. I bought 2 and he read them both in under one week! He loved these books!! It was just a matter of finding a book that kept is interest and these books did it! Another good set of books is the Trail Blazer series by Dave & Neta Jackson.

5Couldn't Put It Down

This is the review that my teenager wrote up after reading Lost Island Smugglers.
***The Lost Island Smugglers was an extremely enjoyable book. I felt that each character was well-developed and I could feel what they were feeling. I enjoyed the struggle against the storm, how they gradually got weaker as the storm progressed. I really like how Sam took charge and was able to help them survive. The book, in all, was very exciting and it really kept me at the edge of my seat.

5Great Adventure!!

I thoroughly enjoyed "Lost Island Smugglers" by gifted Author Max Elliot Anderson. This fictional novel reminds me of my youth and the pleasure I received in reading both the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys mystery series. My twelve year old grandson would be intrigued by the adventure that Sam Cooper and his two new friends, Tony and Tyler, face in this well-written suspense novel.

Sam Cooper is an eleven year old boy who moves around more than the average boy of his age. His father is a biologist and must go where his job takes him. This occurs more than Sam likes. His latest move takes him to Harper's Inlet in Florida and once again Sam must seek out new friends. He does so at Sunday School where he meets up with Tony and Tyler. Tony's father owns a marina and many opportunities arise for the boys to spread their wings. After taking scuba diving lessons, they decide to venture out into the ocean on their own and put their skills to the test. An unexpected storm is brewing and the three boys manage to survive and end up on Lost Island. The adventure that ensues is most enjoyable and sure to capture the hearts of many younger readers.

There is an added thread throughout this novel, that intertwines lessons to be learned, as well as the importance of morals and values in the lives of these youngsters. "Lost Island Smugglers" can be seen as a valuable educational tool in teaching these ethics as well as stressing the role parent's play in shaping the lives of their children. I'm sure many young boys and girls can identify with the desire to be popular with their friends and the tendency to be disobedient to their parents in order to attain that popularity. Sam is faced with this challenge. This thought-provoking novel, demonstrates the sometimes peril consequences of ignoring the warnings of concerned parents. The illustrations in this book also add to the reading pleasure of the young audience it will appeal to.

5Christian contemporary Hardy Boys

Lost Island Smugglers by Max Elliot Anderson is about Sam Cooper and his family's latest move. Sam's dad's job has them moving frequently. While Sam has learned to adjust and makes friends quickly, it's hard to leave relationships behind over and over. When the Cooper family visits a local church, Sam meets two boys who seem to know how to find all the excitement. Tony's dad owns the marina and Tyler is Tony's sidekick. After getting all three boys free scuba lessons, Tony borrows one of his dad's boats so he and his friends can do some real scuba diving. The boys learn a lot about themselves as well as a few secrets of the island that someone else wants kept secret.

Growing up I loved reading Hardy Boys (preferred them over Nancy Drew) and this reminded me of a Christian contemporary version of Hardy Boys. There is definitely action, adventure and suspense for both boys and girls 8-12 years.

No comments: