Monday, October 24, 2016

The Largest Truck In The World!


Recently my wife and I took a 2 1/2 hour drive to Peoria, IL, to hear the Gaither Vocal Band. 
We stayed overnight in the Mark Twain Hotel so we could visit the Caterpillar Visitor's Center the next morning. I highly recommend it if you're ever in the area.
This is a picture of the largest truck in the world, and it's built by Caterpillar. We viewed a short video before entering the center, and the theatre, with rows and rows of seats, was actually located in the back of this truck. The truck is used in the mining industry.

If you're wondering, I'm that little ant standing in front of this massive machine, trying not to become a bug splat on the giant windshield. The truck is so big, it is shipped to the customer's site in pieces. Then a crew works 24 hours a day for 3 weeks to assemble it.

Caterpillar also sponsors a Sprint Cup race car driven by Ryan Newman. Being a NASCAR fan, I was interested in seeing that, too.
By the way, do you know where Caterpillar actually got its name? If you'd like to know, send me an email at mander8813@aol.com and I'll tell
you the secret.

Max




No comments: