Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Where In The World?

Today I’m sending a set of my books to a family that will be moving to China soon. The order reminded me of an email I received a few weeks ago, from Sri Lanka, from a young reader who had a copy of one of my books.

As any author will tell you, writing is such a solitary life. We get so wrapped up in our characters and their predicaments, that we sometimes forget the real world outside. Once I was talking with my older brother in California. As we ended the conversation I said, “I’d like to keep talking with you, but I left my characters on a raft, in the middle of the raging, Colorado river, so I’d better get back there and help them out.”


So it is always amazing to me when people find what we write to be interesting, entertaining, and enjoyable in their lives.

(Above is a picture of my quiet writing space.)

Even more amazing is to think that, not only are copies my books scattered across the country, they’re also finding their way into other countries. Makes me wonder how many. I know that my books are listed on Amazon in England, France, Germany, and Japan.

To anyone who has ever bought one of my books…thank you. And for those who are looking forward to more of them in the future, I hope to have some news for you about that in the next few months.

Max Elliot Anderson
PS. Authors - where are some of the places you've heard that your books have traveled?

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

Since I'm still trying to break into the market of getting known and being out there, I only know that my books are scattered across the United States (only befitting that this is the case since I'm doing a 50-state, mystery trivia series, a Jeopardy! like series about each of the fifty states). My books really don't have much use outside of the nation and I'm trying like crazy to get in with the homeschoolers and schools. One of these days I will be there but for now, I'll guess that my few hundred copies that been sold of books 1 and 2 of the series are mostly in the southeast (South Carolina, Georgia, North Carolina) and the midwest (Oklahoma, Texas, and possibly Colorado). I know some are in Wyoming and California but not many.

I'd be happy to have some fame or at least name recognition at some point in my writing career but I'm not looking for world fame - lol. That's great that your books are getting out in many different places. But that is probably because you have books that can be enjoyed across the world. - E :)

---------------
Elysabeth Eldering
Author of the Junior Geography Detective Squad (JGDS), 50-state, mystery, trivia series

STATE OF WILDERNESS, Book 1 of 50 now available.
STATE OF QUARRIES, book 2 of 50 now available
STATE OF RESERVATIONS, book 3 of 50 coming 2009

WHERE WILL THE ADVENTURE TAKE YOU NEXT?

http://jgdsseries.blogspot.com
http://junior-geography-detective-squad.weebly.com/
http://elysabethsstories.blogspot.com/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jgdsseries/ (series newsletter forum)

PS - can you add a subscribe button so we get email updates when you post new postings, please? Feedburner has one that is simple to setup.