Thursday, November 12, 2009

National Struggling Reluctant Reader Week


Okay, so it's actually National Young Reading Week November 9 - 13. However, I'm taking it a step farther in calling it National Struggling Reluctant Reader Week. Why? Because if we don't reach out to struggling, reluctant readers, then there isn't much use in simply setting aside a week to highlight reading.

Last month I wrote an article, Help for Struggling, Reluctant Readers. You can get a FREE copy of that article by emailing me at mander8813@aol.com

So, this week, please do something to identify a struggling reader in your family or circle of friends, and do what you can to help them become a reader. My action-adventures & mysteries have helped many to make the leap from struggling to avid reader.

NEWSPAPER CAPER, TERROR AT WOLF LAKE, NORTH WOODS POACHERS, MOUNTAIN CABIN MYSTERY, BIG RIG RUSTLERS, SECRET OF ABBOTT'S CAVE, & LEGEND OF THE WHITE WOLF are compared by readers and reviewers to Tom Sawyer, The Hardy Boys, Huck Finn, Nancy Drew, Harry Potter, Tom Swift, Scooby-Doo, Lemony Snicket, and adventure author Jack London.

Max Elliot Anderson

PS. The above picture is of my son and me. Today, he's a lawyer in Chicago. Reading works!

2 comments:

John David said...

Hello Sir/Madam,

I visited your website http://booksandboys.blogspot.com,the information which you have shared in your site is very much standard and presentation of pages is very legible.

The Information present in your site is very informative and, it gives a wide knowledge about many things. I was very much impressed with your site. Its guide me more.

If you give my links on your site it will be useful to share our ideas and information to this world. Your site contains much other information that gives more knowledge and many more ideas about the topics you have given in your site.

If you give me a link in your site, I am pleasure to add your site's link

Our Site Information:

• Title: Books Information

• Url: http://www.nobeltrader.com

• My Email Id: nobeltradernew@gmail.com

If you have any questions please feel free to email me and I will respond promptly.

Let me know once you added my link.

Thank You
With Regards,
John David

Cathy Puett Miller said...

Max,

Thanks so much for the message that we've got to stop "preaching just to the choir". I am so about connecting everyone on the planet to positive reading experiences and to seeing reading and writing, not as academic exercises but as tools for life.

Visit my blog at http://parentsandkidsreadingtogether.blogspot.com and feel free to share a link. I've also written an article that might be helpful to you http://www.safarilearning.com/images/articles_4_08_nurturing_reader_babyzone.pdf.