Thursday, April 14, 2011

Watching Red-bellied Woodpeckers

This is probably my favorite time of year. New plants are poking their heads out of the ground around here, trees are budding, and the birds are active. Have you been following any of the live eagle cams? I’ve watched the one in Virginia since just after the eggs were hatched. Take a look at the three babies if you haven’t already. They’re getting pretty big.



http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html  


In our own back yard, our feeder has become more popular every day. Two of our favorites have been a pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers. Here’s a link to lots of information about these beautiful birds http://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Red-bellied_Woodpecker/id  


It’s been said that a picture is worth a thousand words. So, enjoy these pictures from my back yard.

 
 
 
This is me watching you watching me.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Gotta go now. See ya later.




VIDEO about my books

No comments: