Monday, July 23, 2007

Books for boys that are different

Different? Different how?

Most publishers are still looking for books that will sell primarily to girls. Why is this? It’s because girls are traditionally more avid readers than boys.

But will boys read books if they are written primarily for them. The answer is, YES.

My background is in the production of dramatic films, video programs, and television commercials. This gives me a visual background that I, in turn, bring to the pages of my action-adventures and mysteries.

I’m a guy, so I know that what a guy wants in a book is action and adventure. Don’t bore me with a lot of facts and endless details. That’s the way I approach each new story.

The challenge is in finding publishers who are ready for something new. Not only am I not writing for girls, I don’t write in a traditional series either. Each of my 35 manuscripts have completely different characters, settings, and plots. And it’s the readers and their parents who have appreciated this. You can find nearly 50 pages of reviews at http://maxbookreviews.blogspot.com/

I am only one voice, but isn’t it time for something fresh and new relative to books for boys? I think THE DANGEROUYS BOOK FOR BOYS did an excellent job in demonstrating how and why boys are different. Right now the book is # 11 on Amazon. It stands to reason that what boys want in their own books is something different as well.

Kids tell me that reading one of my books is like being in an exciting or scary movie.

Max

Author's web site http://www.maxbooks.9k.com/
Reviews http://maxbookreviews.blogspot.com/

No comments: